Sunday, June 8, 2014

Managing conflicts

One of the strategies to manage conflicts I learned this week is respect for others. When I respect people and their cultures, it will help me approach them properly whenever there is a conflict. In doing this, I will express my feelings, observations and request with all sincerity (http://www.cnvc.org/)


Subsequently, I will listen attentively to whatever explanation that would be given.


Conflicts in the home are most times inevitable. I have decided to show my husband and children more respect because we often underrate people who are most familiar to us. Though I keep falling short of my new approach especially with my kids; I look forward to interacting and relating with them in nicer ways. For instance giving my children the allowance to be children when we are outside and to hear their views or opinions when decisions are to be made at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment