Sunday, May 11, 2014

Communication skill

I coordinate the children's class in my church and usually I make a duty roster for those involved. But for a particular week, I was so choked up that I could not prepare a roster. Subsequently, I just called someone to teach the children some few hours before the time. The lady I called did not like the fact that the instruction or information came quite late. I like the way she approached the matter, first, she told me she will try her best to meet up  with the class and that let that be the last time I will give her such a short notice. Immediately, I acknowledged my shortcoming and promised her not to do that again. The issue was resolved on a low tone.

I wish issues and misunderstandings could be tackled in a similar way rather than bearing grudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment