Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sharing wWeb Resources


Just right on time, I received a newsletter from zero to three that discussed about a virtual rally organised focusing on babies and toddlers development. One major emphasis was that learning starts as early as at birth. Therefore, government and individuals should pump in more money into early childhood so as to achieve a quality program. The rally yielded a positive response as about 40,000 people showed interest in asking the government to invest in early childhood and be more concerned with every child's growth and development. Indeed, quality early childhood program has come to stay seeing people are showing so much interest and support. Even as I aim at becoming a policy maker in EC Field, I can see how influential this position could be and I hope to make policies that would be beneficial to every child and family.

I join ZeroToThree in celebrating the military month (November) and pray God to uphold and protect military families.

It is very sympathetic that only 4% of  eligible children attend head start (zeroto three). This makes it clear that only the government might not be able to achieve a quality early childhood program that will serve all children. Hence, I think policy makers should make policies that will include privately owned children centres insisting on quality standards, While the government makes plans to build more centres.

Brain development is a research project of neuroscientists. On almost every page of the zerotothree has it that the first three years of human is the fastest growing stage where the brain develop so quickly. Emphasis are made on types of toys to buy; building on emotional development; improving on play and creating more positive experiences from birth to age 3 in order to build healthy and creative brains.

From the issue of funds, I can see that parents are identifying with this issue which might give it a  quick attention and consideration. As a result, quality early childhood will sweep around the whole nation with every child benefiting.



Resource
www.ZEROTOTHREE.com


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy Zero to Three! I have used this site many times for my coursework! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to me that before all the research came out about the importance of brain development during the early years, I would have never that I would be interested in brain development. Zero to Three has always provided great articles and resources to feed my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you think the participation rate is so low? It is sad that there are not more children participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not aware that the participation rate for Head Start is so low, do you think it is because families are not informed of this option? How do you feel about incorporating Pre-K classrooms into all elementary schools, having the option available to all families who are interested?

    ReplyDelete